CKEditor is an online rich text editor that can be embedded inside web pages. It is a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor which means that the text edited in it looks as similar as possible to the results end users will see after the document gets published. It brings to the Web popular editing features found in desktop word processors such as Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org Writer. CKEditor is truly lightweight and does not require any kind of installation on the client computer.
This is how your Drupal installation can benefit from adding CKEditor:
- End users will become much more productive, and at the same time they will have more fun.
- Administrators will keep full control over the editing experience.
- Site content created in the editor will be standards-compliant.
- You will gain access to the first choice solution of top IT companies around the world.
This is what the CKEditor for Drupal solution is all about:
- Compatible with Drupal 6 and 7.
- Easy to install and upgrade using Drupal administration pages.
- Configuration integrated into the administration pages of Drupal.
- Integration with CKFinder, an advanced file browser and uploader, is built-in (though you will need to purchase CKFinder separately and add it by yourself).
- Simple drag and drop toolbar customization.
- Editor functionality can be extended with dedicated modules, like CKEditor Link or CKEditor SWF.
- CKEditor plugins can be added at no cost.
- Always up-to-date with the latest CKEditor release that includes:
- Support for the powerful Paste from Word feature.
- Fully configurable and robust styling system.
- Top quality XHTML output generation.
- Full (and usable) accessibility support for the entire interface.
- Compatibility with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, and Opera.
- ... and much more!
Enterprise Version Available
If you are looking for a simplified and advanced solution, try the Enterprise version of the module that comes with a CKFinder license and the file browser already included in the module and working out-of-the-box. The Enterprise version of the component also includes professional assistance from the original CKEditor development team in the form of a dedicated e-mail support channel.