- 1 How to report disruptive team members, abuse, and vandalism
- 2 Resource was not locked after downloading it for translation
- 3 Which language code should I use for a new team?
- 4 Do I still need to escape apostrophes in localized strings?
- 5 How Do I Correct Existing Localizations?
- 6 Transifex hangs on uploading a localized file
- 7 Transifex reports a failed file correctness check
The following article describes some issues that may arise during the localization process. If your problem is not described here, contact CKEditor project maintainers to get support.
How to report disruptive team members, abuse, and vandalism
If you feel that there is a member of your team who is abusing the CKEditor localization project in any way, please report him or her to the project maintainers.
Resource was not locked after downloading it for translation
You can lock the resource manually by selecting the Lock this translation to notify others you're working with it. option in the language resource dialog window.
Do not forget to unlock the translation when you are done with your work.
Which language code should I use for a new team?
When you are setting up a new localization team, you will be able to choose one from the drop-down list on Transifex page.
Please note that while Transifex offers both two letter and four letter language codes, you should stick to the following CKSource rules based on ISO 639-1:
- For a standard variation of a language, use a two letter language code, for example
ptfor Portuguese as used in Portugal.
- For a regional variant of a language only, use a four letter language code, for example
pt_BRfor Portuguese as used in Brazil.
Do I still need to escape apostrophes in localized strings?
- Old version:
Barre d\'emplacement des éléments de l\'éditeur
- Current version:
Barre d'emplacement des éléments de l'éditeur
How Do I Correct Existing Localizations?
When using CKEditor, you might notice that some language strings are not as good as they could be. If this is the case, you can log into the CKEditor UI Translation Center at Transifex and choose the resource you want to correct. When in online translation mode, just use the search bar to search for the term that you want to correct. Make sure you have not limited the list to untranslated entries only by clicking the Untranslated link above the editor input field.
Transifex hangs on uploading a localized file
Sometimes when a file is malformed or uses an incorrect encoding, the upload may not succeed — it will hang without a descriptive error message. If this happens please check the following:
- Whether the file is correctly encoded.
All CKEditor files are UTF-8 encoded. ANSI files will be rejected.
- Whether the file does not contain BOM.
- Whether the file structure was not altered in any way.
- You can run
msgfmt -con the file to check its correctness before you attempt to upload it.
- You can run
Transifex reports a failed file correctness check
On uploading the file Transifex may report that the file is malformed.
As suggested by Transifex, check the file by running
msgfmt -c. Possible causes of the error might be:
- BOM is present at the beginning of the file.
.pofile structure was altered and is no longer compliant with the project resources.